Monday, October 27, 2008

Dont cry over spoiled milk

The little man has had the stomach flu since Friday AM. Up until this point we were down to one nursing session a day; right before bed. However, since he has been sick he hasn't wanted to eat or drink anything. Getting him to drink water has been a struggle.

Friday night I was able to get him to nurse. However, Saturday night I offered the breast to him and looked at me like I was trying to poison him. Sunday morning the same thing. He actually pulled my shirt DOWN and wriggled away. Ouchy to the mommy ego. Sunday night I couldn't even pull the pacifier from his mouth.


During this time, I suggested to my hubby that I try on the other breast. I had been nursing on the same side/once a day for several months.


My hubby then said to me, in all seriousness-- Maybe your milk has spoiled.


Hmmm.


No comments: