Monday, February 25, 2013

Princesses and Rainbows

We had the luxury of spending the weekend at my best friends house for their son's 1st birthday party.  On the eve before the party my boys and their daughter were all playing dress up.

It is known around our house that my younger boy loves princesses, and both of my boys love dressing up.  So when he came out of the bedroom head to toe in pink ruffles and heals it was no surprise to me.

The crown, the dress, tutu skirt, and shoes were adorable.  But, the sword was out of place.  So, I asked him what his plan was with the sword.  He matter-of-factly responded with, "Mom, it's not a sword" and then as if exasperated at having to explain such a simple concept to me, goes on to say "it's a magic wand!"

Taken slightly aback, but not wanting to be bested by my 3 year old, I go on to ask my question again... "Son, what is your plan for your WAND?"  With a wave of the wand, and flick of the wrist he explains "It's for making rainbows!!!" and then struts off to do just that.  Leaving the room to explode in shocked and adoring laughter. 

At that moment, I could not love anyone more.  I simply adore that boy. 

No comments: