Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Our first solo outing

Elliott and I made our first solo mission out of the house together today. We went to UCSD, and attended a Breastfeeding Support Group. It wasn't really a support group in the classic sense, it was more like a hands on with a lactation consultant, where other Mom's are too. There were 3 Mom's there, including me. One was there with her husband and Mom, and 4 day old baby. The other was there with her Mom and her 9 day old babe. Elliott and I were there together. He is 3 weeks and 2 days old today. I cant believe how fast the time is going.

We didn't learn too much, except that we are doing pretty well compared with some other folks. But, I think that is just a matter of time. With time you learn about positioning and your babies preferences. Plus, when one thing hurts--you change it and try something else. That was basically the take home message for me. Keep at it, and keep trying...it will get easier. And from the looks of the gals in the group, it has already gotten easier for us. The let down has improved. We are nursing on each side for several feedings in a row, before we switch over to the other side. That has made a huge difference. Now, if only we could get our latch worked out.

Elliott got weighed again today, and weighs 11 lbs and .02 ounces. No wonder my back is killing me! I think he is growing faster than my muscles are. Everyone is amazed at his weight gain.

I am enjoying being home with him. And I am already beginning to worry about having to go back to work. I keep trying to think of ways to get out of it. I am slowly trying to plant the seed with my hubby about me staying home. But, financially I just don't know if it is possible.

My Mom came to visit this past weekend. She arrived on Saturday around 4pm. We hung out on Saturday night, went out to dinner and then she left around 8pm. They came back on Sunday morning around 11am to say goodbye. It was a quick visit, but it was nice to see her, and to get a few photos of her and Elliott. She seemed happy and glad to meet him.

No comments: