Monday, January 28, 2008

A long awaited dinner out...

We finally did it! It took just shy of 7 months, but this past Saturday night hubby and I hired a babysitter and went out sans kidlet.

To avoid any hyperbole, we actually asked a friend to babysit, and she accepted. I couldn't let a stranger come over yet. I am still working out my trust issues.

But, boy was it nice to get out of the house for a couple of hours. Eat a leisurely dinner, have a couple of drinks and more than anything--just talk and laugh with my hubby.

This week: a new challenge. We decided to enroll Lil E in a home based daycare, instead of having the Nanny come to the house 1.5 days a week. It was a big decision for us (is he ready, are we ready, are we acting too quickly, etc., etc., etc.) because we wanted to wait until he was 1 year old, but this opportunity was too good to pass up.

And of course, how could I post without a picture!

1 comment:

Lynanne said...

How wonderful that you had the opportunity to get some couple time! It sounds like you needed it after your crazy December (i'm just now catching up on your blog)