Monday, May 21, 2007

Could a girl be any luckier?

During my baby shower (more details and picture from the event soon!) this past Saturday, one of the very crafty games that we played was to determine if Elliott would take after hubby or I, given a list of pre-defined attributes. One of the attributes on the list was Luck. Most of the gals said that Elliott would take after hubby in this regard since hubby has lived a semi-charmed life. But, I said our son would take after me. I thought a bit about this after the shower, and hubby and I even talked about the reasons I choose myself over him in this category.

I want to affirm that I would want Elliott to take after my luck factor, and these 2 pictures attest to my good luck and fortune. I feel so lucky to be surrounded by such loving, kind, and generous women. I am constantly amazed at how lucky I am to have a circle of friends that are so selfless, open and willing to give (to me of all people!). And I can only hope that Elliott gets to know, appreciate, and experience the love and creativity of these gals. I am the luckiest girl I know!



No comments: