Saturday, June 23, 2007

Day 3 (aka the worst day of my life)

OK, that may be a slight exaggeration. But, only a very slight one. Yesterday I felt like I was dying. After my horrible 'cleanse', I proceeded to vomit several times. I must admit that after that I felt better. I had to cancel my lunch date, and after vomiting walked to 7-11 for a Slurpee (I was craving something sweet and fruity). I managed to keep that down, but couldn't bring myself to eat until 8pm last night. My stomach felt like I was on the master cleanse x's 100, and my pelvis and lower back were throbbing unbearably. I kept thinking that if this is what labor feels like...I want a c-section...forget the epidural. I want to go under the knife and forget about any semblance of pain (until after the surgery of course).

Hubby luckily saved me from my self destruction. We walked to the ice cream place in our neighborhood and I got a delicious honeydew sorbet-can you say YUM!

Then he put me in the bath tub, and when I say put (I mean he had to both help me in and out). He set up candles and my bath pillow. That helped with both the pain and to relax me. I don't know what happened yesterday accept that my system went crazy either from purging or it just didn't know what to do with itself.

But, I awoke today feeling great. Full of energy, and with little to no pain. I had a sewing date, but I cancelled just in case I had a relapse. The pelvic pressure is manageable and I suspect here to stay until Elliott's arrival. But, overall a massive improvement over yesterday. I was even inspired by the sorbet from last night that I decided to give it whirl on my own, except I am making watermelon. I will let you know how it turns out.

No comments: